Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hot Steaming Winter Tea

 

It’s chilly outside today in Silicon Valley.  Well, that’s about 45 degrees for us spoiled Californians!  But, we can get down in the 30’s and even the 20’s in the evenings.  I was born in Colorado, so I shouldn’t have a problem with the cold.  Right?  Wrong!  I hate it.  I hate being cold, I hate having to dress like an Ralphie in A Christmas Story to feel warm enough in the cold and I hate having to get into my car with all of my layers and my scarf wound around my head three times.

Here’s my solution….

DSC01624

A perfect cup of tea.  It’s steeping and while it is, I’m breathing in the lovely flowers that I bought myself this week.  Every girl needs a dozen roses now and then, don’t you think?

I feel warmer already!  Now, what design topic shall I blog about this week?  I have an idea and here’s my hint…  it has to do with grey flannel!  (All part of the feeling toasty theme!).  Stay tuned….

5 comments:

Callie Grayson said...

it's snowing out right now! and i wear 2 scarves wrapped around my neck!
that tea looks perfect for me right now! and I wouldn't mind the flowers too!

stay warm!!

citysage said...

It WAS cold today, wasn't it? I was positively crabby as a result. I oughta get some flowers to perk things up around here!

And a post about grey flannel? I'm sold! Grey is my fave color, and I pretty much live in my flannel pj pants lately. So a design post on the topic is like validating my existence!

xoxo!
anne

Linda Lou said...

We California people are babies when it comes to the cold weather, growing up in NY snow country, I still want it to be sunny at least 70 degrees every day in San Diego...although there is nothing better than a White Christmas.

nkp said...

I'm so with you on all of the above! Although I live in the Southeast and hate the hot, humid summers, I equally dislike how cold it gets once the temperatures dip! That tea looks yummy, where's the cookie? :0)

vicki archer said...

I am having a cup of peppermint tea right now and it is almost black outside and just after 5pm. Love a girl who buys herself flowers - just what I do Becky, xv.

There was an error in this gadget